CELLULAR 5

CELLULAR 5
Painter: pris holbrook

Friday, April 2, 2010

Understanding Priscilla

This missive is inspired by my Christian observance of today, Holy Friday, and its progression to the The Resurrection of Christ, my Lord and Savior
By nature, I am not a confrontational person. I don't attempt to convert or solicit people to abandon their beliefs urging them to embrace mine. I like to have fun, joke, laugh and even indulge in being shallow at times. I find it to be very freeing. With that said, I actually do have a set of organized beliefs which are a part of me one may seldom, if ever, see. So, in writing this piece,an expose (pronunciation ex-po-zay), one may say, you are privy (pronunciation pre-veee,) to a part of my individual and complex makeup defining me as a thinking, feeling human being of substance and strength.
In the next part of this composition, I am publicly presenting an example or a sample of what rounds me out and completes me as a person.
There will be no acknowledgement of feedback suggesting any flaws in my expression.

For reasons peculiar to circumstances personal to me, I am a non-practicing Catholic (one example, for instance, is that I rarely attend Sunday Mass.) This is not to say that I have turned my back on faith. Having attended a Catholic school for many years of my life, I am quite well versed in not only a single parable, but a global overview of Catholicism as it stands. This allows me personal qualification to make a clear choice in embracing my developed beliefs in the Holy Trinity and all it offers me for eternity.
I am allowing my selected recipients to become aware that, while I am not a stellar example of the quintessential active obedient* I remain dedicated to my religious past, present and future.

*new use of word coined by me meaning those who actively participate in that which they believe.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Frenchie,
    To answer the question you posed on the blog: yes, your stress has been apparent to anyone reading your posts over the past week or so, beginning (or at least that's when I noticed, with expressing your fear of being alone in your three story house. I hope your fear has abated with the rafting trip at an end.
    I find your profession of faith in the Holy Trinity moving, I have placed my faith in the idea that life is mysterious, a meandering journey with an inevitable destination, and a conclusion which we will not experience with comprehension.
    I myself experienced some angst as I read of myself being discussed in the third person on the xword blog last night. Very surreal. I am considering withdrawing.

    Enjoy your day to the fullest.
    Larry aka Windhover

    ReplyDelete